We live in the most liveable city in the world. However, that's not a given. It's not going to be that way if we don't look after it.
Where I live there are a growing number of unresolved transport and safety issues. The number of recent thoughtless development and lack of good planning and design is also destroying our community and our liveability.
If we want to make the right change and create the right future, then we'll have to design it, and we have to do it locally. We want the people to have a say in how this city is designed and we build smart and for the long term.
This is our opportunity to leverage our rich history and through liveable innovation we can continue to show the world what liveability means.
To support a vibrant local economy, we must support local business, ensure better planning, support local schools and most importantly ensure council transparency.
As such we need to stand up for:
- Ensuring Neighbourhood Character
- Supporting Local Business
- Supporting Local Schools
- Council Transparency
Some details below...
'Neighbourhood Character' means...
- Predominantly single and double storey residential development
- Respecting heritage, environmental and landscape characteristics
- Maximum of two dwellings per lot with
- Garden suburban areas have a spacious leafy character
- Space around and between dwellings and garden style vegetation
- Attractive tree dominated landscape
- Protecting and enhancing the scenic ridge-lines and Yarra River.
- Discourage on street car-parking
- Positioning new buildings in keeping with front setback
- Providing low, permeable front fencing.